Apr 23, 2017

Spring Flowers & April Showers


With so much rain this past month,


the Spring flowers are finally starting to pop up... 

Sunday is yard day around here and I managed to get my nails dirty in between rain storms by planting out the Lettuce, Spinach, Broccoli and Cabbage starts as well as direct planting the Sunflower and Radish seeds. 

I am patiently waiting for the Daffodils that were planted in the Fall to unfurl....They are so close and should be opening within a day or two.

The main garden still pretty much looks like a big dirt patch, with the exception of a few weeds that have already started to break ground. I am determined to stay on top of it this year!

I did notice last year's Sunflowers, Calendula, and Dill has all reseeded naturally.

With a little digging, five new Peony rhizomes were planted throughout the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment