Jan 30, 2018

*Whole Lemon* Ginger Water

Large Jar of Fresh Lemon Ginger Water

I've weened myself off of any sugary drinks for over a year ... Coffee with half and half is a whole other animal. I have really found myself relying on a hot cup of coffee for comfort and relaxation. I've tried with all my might to drink it Black (yuck), with other non-dairy milk's and nothing strikes my fancy or compares to my favorite bad habit. I have decided instead of cutting it out, I will simply just cut back and be mindful of how many cups I have a day.

Part of that plan has been lemon water. Usually, I set up my half gallon canning jar with sliced lemons on the counter as a reminder to drink more water throughout the day. The goal is to get that half gallon in by the end of the day.

Today I tried something new...and I like it!

A frozen lemon, the peel and all with a chunk of ginger all blended up and added to my water. Studies have shown that the lemon peels have 10 times more nutrients than the lemon itself and aid in weight loss and detoxification and have cancer-fighting properties. Win-win!!!

I have to admit that I was a little worried that it would be too bitter for my taste... but actually, It was quite good and I will now make it part of my routine.


1 comment:

  1. Great idea, I think I will give it a go! Also no you are not alone when it comes to half and half and coffee, only way I like it :)

    ReplyDelete