May 18, 2020

Radish taste trials




Taste trials of 4 different radish varieties and the Mr.’s favorite in order were the German giant, Crimson crunch, French Breakfast and lastly he didn’t care for the texture of Sparkler ... all radishes were planted on same day in the same raised bed in the greenhouse. The Crimson crunch was way smaller than the rest, French breakfast had a little more heat than the others and German giant was definitely bigger had the texture and taste we like but had poor germination due to it being older seed in our trials 😉 trying to narrow down and plant what we love to eat and what performs well in our garden 👍🏻 

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait until we have our own property and Luke can build me a greenhouse! My little garden is growing but so so slowly. He said he could easily build me a portable cold frame that can be taken with us when we eventually move. I'm going to take him up on his offer. :) Those radishes sound delicious. What a fun experiment with the radishes. The seeds I bought were called "Easter Egg". I'm looking forward to trying the different kinds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie.
      I would so be taking advantage of that offer if I were you ;-) Can't wait to here your results on the "Easter Egg" radishes!

      Delete