This was my very first attempt at growing melons...I started the seeds a little late, and wondered if they would even have enough time to grow.
I had room for one vine in the greenhouse....So the cantaloupe start got thrown in there.
The impressive results....4 itty, bitty, little melons that weighed in at meager 4 lbs.
I know, you're impressed!
I was too ;-)
When these were harvested, they were not vine ripe, and were quite hard!
To be honest, I didn't think they would even ripen up!
After harvest, they spent 2 weeks in the fruit bowl on the counter, doing nothing.
A stray ripe banana got thrown in the bowl to keep the melons company. After adding the banana to the fruit bowl, the melons ripened within 2 days.
Thanks Banana.....I think, I may just have to try that trick again!