Jan 26, 2017

Winter project

I love taking pictures and always have! 

Up until now, I have been a point and shoot kind of gal. With encouragement from my big sister, I took a huge leap and bought a big girl camera... 

A Nikon d7200 to be exact ;-)

I have taken some time on these quiet winter days to learn more about photography... Better yet, I learned how much I need to learn about photography!

The snow slowly drifts and flitters around outside but I am perfectly cozy and content inside learning about this whole new world of imagery.

This Lesson was all about learning and understanding the basics of fstops. 

 with a smaller aperture, the f-stop number is larger and my depth of field is wider allowing my little fruit in the background to be in focus, showing off those cute little dimples.


with a larger aperture, the f-stop number is smaller which makes my depth of field smaller, in turn, making my little fruit in the background softer and out of focus.

It took me a bit to grasp the concept that larger equals smaller and the vice versa smaller equals larger, but I finally got the hang of it!

Have you taken on any new projects this winter?






4 comments:

  1. Great to have a new camera! Great picture too...
    Have a lovely weekend, take care.
    Love from Titti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your going to be an amazing photographer.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Saving the Rainbow

The blossoms of Summer have have faded, and taking a few moments to collect the dead heads can be quite rewarding! As Summer came t...