Here's to a Prosperous and Fruitful New Year in the garden!
I've had a little time to sit and reflect on the garden and the past year, I find myself overjoyed with the outcome and results of the harvest that we were able achieve in our small home garden.
Each year is a learning curve! There has been success and failures along the way, yet I have a hankering to learn so much more.
Keeping track of produce last year, gave me a real perspective on harvest totals.
571 lbs of edible produce for the family.....Can you believe that?
It was a few short years ago that I was gardening in one 4ft.by 4ft. square. Well, things have gotten a whole lot dirtier since then, and the garden has grown some!
So, after giving it some thought....Here's what I would like to achieve in my garden, this year...
- Prune Apple trees and apply Dormant Oil Spray
- Plan and execute better succession plantings
- Start flower seeds sooner
- Sow seeds for winter harvest....This will be a learning curve.
- Add a new heirloom variety
- Save more seeds
- Add at least one row tunnel for fall and winter
- Make a worm composting bin
- and get more canning done