Jan 5, 2015

Here's to a Prosperous and Fruitful New Year in the garden!



I've had a little time to sit and reflect on the garden and the past year, I find myself overjoyed with the outcome and results of the harvest that we were able achieve in our small home garden. 

Each year is a learning curve!  There has been success and failures along the way, yet I have a hankering to learn so much more. 

Keeping track of produce last year, gave me a real  perspective on harvest totals.

571 lbs of edible produce for the family.....Can you believe that?  

It was a few short years ago that I was gardening in one 4ft.by 4ft. square. Well, things have gotten a whole lot dirtier since then, and the garden has grown some!

So, after giving it some thought....Here's what I would like to achieve in my garden, this year...
  • Prune Apple trees and apply Dormant Oil Spray 
  • Plan and execute better succession plantings
  • Start flower seeds sooner
  • Sow seeds for winter harvest....This will be a learning curve.
  • Add a new heirloom variety
  • Save more seeds
  • Add at least one row tunnel for fall and winter 
  • Make a worm composting bin
  • and get more canning done

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness Jennifer....me too! I've counted 6 of your goals as mine as well. Every garden season we all want to get better at it, don't we?

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Saving the Rainbow

The blossoms of Summer have have faded, and taking a few moments to collect the dead heads can be quite rewarding! As Summer came t...