Mar 26, 2020

Emerging

The snow has completely melted from the garden and I am able to see whats happening out there.


Granted it's not very pretty and nothing much to look at...unless you really look! 

These Dwarf Grey Sugar Pea's have seeded themselves... They will be moved to a different location in the garden as I have other plans for this bed but I sure was happy to see they had sprouted!


Also found many volunteer Mache' (corn salad) rosettes that can be added to our salads..

Many people overlook these guys and may consider them weeds but did you know according to Wikipedia they are packed with nutrients our bodies need, including three times as much vitamin C as lettuce.....Wow! 


and look at my mighty Rhubarb pushing Winter aside as she prepares for her Spring debut


Something new for me to try this year...Pickling Rhubarb!! 
 Do you plan on canning or planting anything new this year?


No comments:

Post a Comment