Mar 29, 2020

Sourdough Chocolate Chip Cookies

Another Baking post while on Covid Stay at Home Order...Not wanting to waste the excess sourdough starter... I came across this recipe at Hope Well Heights Blog and gave it a whirl. I adjusted the recipe a bit to my liking but this recipe turned out fantastic... I will definitely be making these again!

Sourdough Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients

  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup butter, room temp
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup fed starter
  • 1/2 t sea salt
  • 1 t vanilla
  • 1/2 t baking soda
  • 1/2 t baking powder
  • 2 1/4 C flour 
  • Chocolate Chips (I used the mini's and didnt measure)
  • 1/2 C Chopped Pecans (optional)



Instructions

  1. Preheat the oven to 350F
  2. Cream together butter, and sugars in a big bowl until combined, then add the egg...I use a Kitchen aide mixer ;-)
  3. add your fed starter and mix in
  4. add vanilla and dry ingredients, mix until cookie dough forms
  5. add in chocolate chips, nuts and mix.
  6. shape or scoop dough onto a greased cookie sheet
  7. bake fro 12-15 minuets at 350F.  These do take just a bit longer than non-sourdough cookies but I’d start watching them at 10 minutes to make sure they don’t burn


No comments:

Post a Comment